WATSONVILLE — Pregnant Mare Rescue, a horse rescue and adoption group in Larkin Valley, is inviting the community to its second annual Breakfast with Babies Pancake Breakfast, the organization’s biggest fundraising event of the year and a time for people to meet some of the rescued horses directly.
“We raise a good deal of our operating costs for the year and get the word out about the work we do.” said Lynn Hummer, owner of Pregnant Mare Rescue, a 5-year-old nonprofit organization that provides temporary homes to horses that may otherwise end up on slaughter lots. “That’s very important to us.”
Hummer has a host of volunteers and low-cost horse care providers but funds are always needed to pay for care and facilities improvements. “Hopefully there will be enough so we can set aside funds for future emergency veterinary costs,” she said.
Las Vegas Dancer, a mare, and her 3-month-old filly Leaving Las Vegas, will be on hand to greet breakfast guests along with two young Piute Mustangs. There will be a silent auction, raffle and visit with more than a dozen vendors. Last year, the event served more than 300 breakfasts.
Auction items include about 80 items including wines, fashion, art, jewelry, riding lessons and horse-related products. The raffle currently includes about 40 items. [Donated items are still being accepted]. Event sponsors include Bisquick, Drisoll’s, Corralitos Market, Blue Heron Farms and Starbucks. Event organizers are still looking for sponsors, and items for the auction and raffle.
If you are interested in participating in this year’s breakfast with babies pancake breakfast. please contact the following:
- General Info/Volunteer/Tax-Deductable Donation: Lynn Hummer: www.pregnantmarerescue.com; PMRHorses@PregnantMareRescue.com; Pregnant Mare Rescue, P.O. Box 962, Aptos, CA 95001.
- Silent Auction Donations/Brochure Ads/Donations: Betty Johnson — email@example.com
- Raffle Donation: Janet Friedman — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vendor: Laurie Dearinger — email@example.com
Breakfast with Babies Pancake Breakfast
- WHEN: Saturday
- TIME: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- WHERE: Corralitos Grange, 15 Little Corral Way, Watsonville
- COST: Adults $8, Child $5; Presale ticket holders are entered in the Early Bird Raffle, the prize is worth more than $100. Betty Johnson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- INFORMATION: www.pregnantmarerescue.org; 408-540-8568
This article appeared here.